College of Professional Studies
- Psy.D   Our Lady of the Lake University, San Antonio, TX, Counseling Psychology, 2000
- Other   University of Texas at San Antonio, San Antonio, TX, School Counseling (Educational Psychology), 1992
- M.S.   State University of New York at Albany, Albany, New York, Reading Remediation (Psycholinguistics), 1978
- B.A.   Utica College of Syracuse University, Utica, New York, English Education, Summa Cum Laude (Art History), 1976
- Other   Mohawk Valley Community College, Utica, New York, Liberal Arts, AA Degree, 1973
- Texas Licensed Psychologist, #31743, 2001 (2001-Current).
- Texas Licensed Professional Counselor, #13374, 1995 (1995- Current).
- Certified Professional School Counselor, 1993 (Lifetime), Texas.
- International Positive Psychology Association
- National Association of Social Workers
- APA Division 10, Society for the Psychology of Aesthetics, Creativity and the Arts
- APA Division 17, Society of Counseling Psychology
- San Antonio Association for Marriage and Family Therapy
- Bexar County Psychological Association
- Texas Psychological Association
- APA Division 26, Society for the History of Psychology
- Texas Counseling Association
Healy, Deborah., & O'Donnell, Kristin. "Safe schools are no Accident: Fostering pro-social youth development for ALL students." Policy the US Educational Systems. , 2017.
Perdomo, Catalina., Healy, Deborah., Ceja, Daisy., Dunn, Katherine., & Whiter, Kotia. "Kaleidoscopic shifts: The development of new understandings as therapists 'go and find out'." Family therapy in global humanitarian contexts: Voices and issues from the field. Springer, 2016.
Presentations of Refereed Papers
Healy, Deborah. (2017). C-Scape:Connecting Content, Concepts, and Creativity in the Teaching of Psychology. International Conference on the Teaching of Psychology, Vancouver, Canada.
Gomez, PhD, Rebecca., Healy, PsyD, Deborah., & Solorzano, PsyD, Bernadette. (2017). Screening, Brief Intervention and Referral to Treatment-SBIRT. National Association of Social Workers, Galveston, Texas.
O'Donnell, PhD, Kristin., HealyPsyD, Deborah., Harris, Nyla., & Reustle, Alexandra. (2017). It Takes a Village: The Development of Pro-social Skills in Youth. 17th Annual Diversity Challenge: Race, Culture and Criminal Justice Throughout the Lifespan, Boston, Massachusetts.
Lopez Charles, Laurie., Healy, Deborah., Perdomo, Catalina., Ceja, Daisy., & Dunn, Kathryn. (2016). Family therapy in global humanitarian contexts: Voices and issues from the field. 47th Annual Meeting of the American Association for Marriage and Family Therapy, Indianapolis, Indiana.
Alviar, Leah., Grinnan, Cullen., Guerrero, Brenda., & Healy, Deborah. (2016). Ethics in Mental Health. South Texas Counseling Association, Winter Workshop, 2016, San Antonio, Texas.
Healy, Deborah. (2015). A Constructivist Approach: Inviting Meaning Making Through Art-Based Activities in Psychotherapy and Counseling. Clarity Con Conference, July 2015, San Antonio, Texas.
Healy, Deborah., Perez, Martha., & Hutchinson, Kay. (2014). Qi gong and Personal Wellness. Northside Summer Institute, San Antonio, Texas.
Healy, Deborah., Perez, Claudia., Baldwin, Mary., & Garcia, Antonia. (2016). The Draw Bridge: Using Art-Based Modalities with Children and Teens. Texas Psychological Association Conference, Austin, Texas.
Healy, Deborah., & Grinnan, Cullen. (2015). Who Am I? Discovering Strengths, Vulnerabilities, and Counselor Identity Through the Use of the Creative Arts. Professional Growth Conference of Texas Counseling Association, Corpus Christi, Texas.
Healy, Deborah., & Grinnan, Cullen. (2015). The Use of Reflection and Creative Expression in the Identity Development of Counselors:�Painting a Picture of Me!. Texas Counseling Association --School Counselor's Conference, Galveston, Texas.
Zambrano, Elias., Healy, Deborah., Cox, Ernest., & Bustos, Victoria. (2014). Essentials for Directors of Guidance: �Maintaining a Comprehensive Developmental Guidance and Counseling Program �in a House Bill 5 Environment. Texas Counseling Association Professional Growth Conference�Director of Guidance Learning Institute, Dallas, Texas.