College of Professional Studies
- Ph.D.   University of Cambridge-England, Developmental Psycholinguistics, 1978
- M.S.   Guys Hospital Medical School, University of London, London, UK, Human Communication Studies, 1974
- Other   Leeds Metropolitan University, United Kingdom, Speech-Language Pathology, 1970
- Texas: Licensed as Speech-Language Pathologist, 106311, 2010 (2010 to present).
- Health Professional Council License, 2009 (2009 to 2012), United Kingdom.
- KinderMusik Teacher's certification and license, 2009 (2009 to present).
- North Carolina: Licensed as Speech-Language Pathologist, 2004 (2004 to 2012).
- Hanen certified, 2000 (2000 to present), Toronto, Canada.
- Indiana Board of Examiners in Speech-Language Pathology and Audiology Professional examination, 1999 (1999).
- Indiana: Credential as Early Intervention Specialist, 1999 (1999 to present).
- Indiana: Licensed as Speech-Language Pathologist, 1999 (1999 to 2004).
- ASHA Certificate of Communicative Competence (CCC-SLP), 1996 (1996 to present).
- Texas: Licensed as Speech-Language Pathologist, 1996 (1996 to 2004).
- ASHA Clinical Fellowship Year, 1995 (1995 to 1996), Dallas, TX.
- National PRAXIS in speech-language pathology passed, 1987, USA.
- American Speech-Language-Hearing Association
- First 3 years (previously Texas Association of Infant Mental Health)
- Childrens Literature Association
- American Humor Studies Association
- American Name Society
- International Society for the Study of Teaching and Learning (ISSOTL)
- Texas Speech-Language-Hearing Association
- International Association for the Study of Child Language (IASCL)
- International Society on Early Intervention (ISEI)
- International Society for Humor Studies
- Association for Childhood Education International
- The Association for the Study of Play
Articles in Refereed Journals
Nwokah, E.. E.., Becerril, S.., Hardee, W.. P.., & Brito, E.. (2017). Play in homeless and low-income preschoolers: University student experiences with service learning. International Journal of Play.6 (1), 55-77
Nwokah, Eva., Lopez, Vanessa., & Morrison, Erin. "Slapstick humor in childrens popular literature." The Languages of humor verbal visual and physical humor. Bloomsbury Academic, 2018.
Nwokah, Eva. "Dyadic interaction and early communicative development." Encyclopedia of language development. Sage, 2014.
Nwokah, Eva., Cupito, S., & McQuitty, D. "The impact of a summer camp for adolescent mothers and their young children." Early childhood and special education. Emerald Press, 2014.
Nwokah, Eva., & Sutterby, J. (2014) Early childhood and special education. "Early childhood and special education", "Early childhood and special education", Emerald Press.
Presentations of Refereed Papers
Nwokah, Eva., & Taliancich-Klinger, Casey. (2018). Childrens interpretation and communication of emotional exchanges among friends in literary illustrations. American Literature Association, San Francisco, California.
Nwokah, Eva., Taliancich-Klinger, Casey., Garza, Ariana., & Miller, Erin. (2018). Preschoolers narrative re-telling of play episodes in Mercer Mayers wordless picture books. The Association for the Study of Play (TASP) Conference, Melbourne, Florida.
Nwokah, Eva., Taliancich-Klinger, Casey., & Garza, Ariana. (2018). Adventures in ponds and streams Preschool childrens retelling of Mercer Mayers frog book stories. Childrens Literature Association Conference, San Antonio, Texas.
Lopez, Vanessa., & Nwokah, Eva. (2017). Semantic semiotic and sound symbol meanings in the verbal play of Dav Pilkeys humorous character naming. American Name Society Conference/Linguistic Society of America Conference, Austin, Texas.
Nwokah, Eva., Bendele, Jennifer., & Hardee, Weldon. P.. (2016). Oral and written storytelling in student service learning experiences (Workshop). International Society for the Scholarship of Teaching and Learning (ISSOTL) Conference, Los Angeles, California.
Nwokah, Eva., & Lopez, Vanessa. (2016). Humor for children Dav Pilkeys literary success in challenging the boundaries of childhood mischief. Humor and Childrens Literature Panel of the American Humor Studies Association at 27th ALA Conference, San Francisco, California.
Brito, Evelyn., & Nwokah, Eva. (2016). Types of play materials affect social dynamics and language in bilingual preschool dyads.. The Association for The Study of Play Conference, New Brunswick, New Jersey.
Nwokah, Eva., & Leafblad, S. (2014). Play in preschool homeless and low income children A university community collaboration. New Zealand Early Childhood Research Conference, Wellington, New Zealand.
Nwokah, Eva., & Alderete, G. (2014). Triadic small group teaching and learning.. Lily International Spring Conference. College and University Teaching and Learning, Bethesda, Maryland.
Nwokah, Eva., Duran, S., & Vlasov, H. (2014). Loopy Koopy Humorous naming. The Association for the Study of Play International Conference, Rochester, New York.
Nwokah, Eva., Gravesmill, L., & Cardwell, L. (2014). Communication and affect between preschool friends during cartoon watching and play.. National Social Science Association Fall Professional Development Conference, San Francisco, California.
Nwokah, Eva., & Vlasov, H. (2014). Play communication and emotion What is atypical. Infant Mental Health Advocacy Award and Conference, Austin, Texas.